Theme and Graphics
Quickspin’s Mark Smith explained how the idea to release a slot with this theme came about:
The concept for Vampire Senpai came about thanks to our game designer Sammy Wong. He told us a Chinese legend about a Jiangshi, a zombie-like vampire who is so ossified that he can only move by jumping with his arms outstretched. He kills anyone who gets in his way to absorb their chi, or life energy.
Does that sound creepy? Not to worry. Quickspin has adapted this theme, presenting it in a more cheerful light, and making the game fun and appealing to all.
Indeed, the slot has turned out to be fun and very colourful. See it for yourself.
Gameplay and Paylines
This is a 5×5 video slot format. It has five reels and forty fixed lines for combinations. You can bet from ten cents to fifty euros per spin. Payments are charged for the continuous series of three or more of the same icon on the active lines. Sequences must begin with the first column. There may be more than one in one round. Each of the combinations has its own multiplier by which the winnings are calculated. At the end of the spin the money is withdrawn to the balance. There is no risk game for doubling.
The ordinary icons are divided into two groups:
• The more valuable ones are the red girl, the green granny and the purple man;
• Less valuable are the letters J, Q, K and A.
Symbols of the same type can follow each other on the reels, falling out as stacks.
There are three types of Wild symbols in the Vampire Senpai slot. All of them replace the standard images to help form combinations.
• The Vampire Wild (Vampire Jiangshi) also turns the characters next to it into Turned Wilds.
• Turned Wild continues the Jiangshi’s work, turning adjacent characters into Wilds.
• Talisman Wild is not initially on the reels. He can appear in any spin during the relevant bonus option.
In addition, scatters are involved:
• Scatter (the bell) starts the freespins. These are triggered when three or more bonus symbols appear anywhere on the field.
Let’s take a brief look at the prize features:
• The Turning Wild Feature is the process of turning the slot’s characters into Wilds. It was discussed in the section on symbols.
• The Talisman Mystery Wilds Feature can be triggered in any round. Three to nine Talisman Wilds will appear on the first to fourth reels.
These bonuses are triggered automatically. All you have to do is watch what happens on the screen.
Consider the features of free spins:
• Free Spins – Three, four or five scatters entitle you to participate in seven, nine or twelve freespins. In these, the game is played on the means online casino. It is not possible to change the previous bet. Throughout the round there is always a Vampire Wild on the screen. With each new spin it moves around the field. Talisman Wilds are locked in their boxes. Each Vampire Wild or Talisman Wild extends the round by one spin.