Theme and Graphics
Gaston Leroux’s The Phantom of the Opera has seen dozens of theatrical productions and adaptations. The musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber, introduced to the public in 1986, and the 2004 American musical film based on it, are still most popular with audiences today.
Based on Noel Schumacher’s The Phantom of the Opera, Microgaming has created a slot machine of the same name with a stunning design and a great selection of prize features.
It’s a delightful slot machine that claims to be one of the best new releases of autumn 2017. It combines great graphics, interesting themes, exciting bonuses, generous free spins, special symbols and, of course, amazing music.
Gameplay and Paylines
The Phantom of the Opera video slot consists of five reels. There are no active strips. There are fifteen positions for pictures on the screen, but some icons occupy several cells in the columns.
Betting on the round is a multiple of thirty. Each position takes up to twenty-five coins worth one or two cents ($0.30 – $15 per spin). Clarify the limits in online casinos where you are going to play The Phantom of the Opera for money.
The slot machine features ten base pictures, jokers, scatters, several themed bonuses, extra multipliers and free spins with special features.
Paying combinations are made in 243 ways from three, four or five of the same pictures. The symbols can be placed in any position on the adjacent reels, starting from the first column. Multiple sequences are allowed in one round.
To calculate winnings there are odds from x5 to x3000. They are multiplied by the bet (1/30th of the total amount at stake). The scatters, which will be discussed below in our review of The Phantom of the Opera, are subject to special rules.
The maximum total payout for a spin is $166000 at the maximum bet.
There is no doubling round.
On the Phantom of the Opera slot machine, characters from the film, a rose, sheet music, binoculars and other items relevant to the plot of the picture appear on the screen. The main characters can occupy two cells each in the columns.
Special symbols also appear on the reels:
• Wild (The Phantom of the Opera logo) goes in vertical stacks in all columns. He himself forms combinations, as well as replacing the standard icons in a chain, acting as a joker.
• Scatter (the mask) is paid by appearing in any position on the screen. Winnings are calculated on the total amount at stake. Three scatters start The Bonus Selection round.
• Bonus (letter) is only present on the fifth reel. It can only be seen in the base spins. It gives a prize payout as part of the Letter Bonus.
The following is a brief discussion of the prize features. We begin with The Bonus Selection phase, which begins with three or more Scatters. This allows you to choose between three different types of bonuses :
• Music of the Night – Ten free spins begin. Each one activates special features like multipliers up to x4, extra jokers and extra spins.
• Masquerade Bonus – Pick masks at random and get prizes for them. This can be instant payouts, extra attempts or pushing you to the next level for bigger winnings.
• All I Ask of You – Launch ten free spins with Dancing Wilds. Christina and Raoul become the jokers. Once next to each other, they will dance. This will result in extra multipliers or stacked Wilds filling multiple adjacent positions or entire columns.
The following features can also be triggered in any base spin:
• Letter Bonus – A Letter in any cell in the fifth column guarantees a win of up to twenty total bets.
• Chandelier Bonus – A chandelier will come down on the screen. It will fill up to three columns with Wild symbols.