Theme and Graphics
Have you seen John Woo’s historical feature film The Battle of Red Rock? It focuses on the largest battle that took place during the Three Kingdoms period, as the period of ancient Chinese history from 220 to 280 is called. Researchers argue that the director has distorted many of the facts, but audiences have come to like the adventure picture. Suffice it to say that the box office receipts were three times the total budget. The same grand battle developers from Pragmatic Play dedicated spectacular slot machine 3 Kingdoms: Battle of Red Cliffs. The novelty is not related to the film, but fans should enjoy it. In the background you will see ships, and the drums are located exactly in the centre. Underneath, below the drums, are all the control buttons you need. Special mention should be made of the excellent soundtrack, which creates an oriental atmosphere. The slot is perfectly optimized: loading takes seconds and there are no lags during the game.
Gameplay and Paylines
Before proceeding directly to the gameplay, you will need to place your bet using the -/+ buttons at the bottom of the screen. In this game you will be able to bet from 0.25 to 125 coins per spin. The high paying symbols here are represented by the three kings, the ship, the helmet and the swords. All of them vary in value. Payouts for combinations collected from them can range from 50 to 1000 coins. Low paying symbols include the classic A, K, Q, J, 10 and 9. Depending on the number of identical icons in a line, combinations of these can earn winnings of between 25 and 200 coins. All payouts are specified for play at the max wager.
There are 25 active lines in 3 Kingdoms Battle of the Red Cliffs, which gives enough chances to make combinations on each spin. You need to catch at least 3 symbols in one of the lines to get your payout.
Pay special attention to the blue emperor – he is the best symbol in this game. A line of 5 of these icons can bring you 1,000 coins.
RTP : 96.5%
The Battle of Red Cliff video slot has eleven simple pictures that form combinations according to the general rules. These are five card denominations, three generals, a sailing ship, a helmet and a sword.
The generals appear in columns in vertical strips of multiple images. They are also involved in the bonus options.
In addition, special symbols are used:
• Wild (a red banner with a golden dragon) is designed to replace other pictures in sequences, but not scatters. It appears on the reels in vertical stacks.
• Scatter (the temple) triggers free spins when it appears simultaneously in the first, third and fifth columns. It is not featured on the other reels.
Now let’s discuss the video machine prize options:
• Spoils of War Progressive Feature – When any payout for a combination is accrued, the player receives it in its entirety. However, up to 2% of this amount is conditionally transferred to the virtual account, which is displayed on a special scoreboard. Each time all three generals appear on the screen in a regular spin, the player receives one point. After collecting forty points, he will receive the accumulated money. But first he must take part in the prize round.
• Spoils of War Bonus – Eight envelopes appear on the screen. You must choose one of them. The envelope contains a multiplier between x2 and x100. It multiplies the total amount of the prize.
• Red Cliffs Free Spins – Before the free spins you have to choose one of the three available options: twenty spins with one general as the Joker; ten spins with two characters as Wild; five spins with all three characters substituting for the other pictures. They become Jokers on all reels except the first. The game is played on the last bet on the house credits. The Free Spins can be extended.