Theme and Graphics
On his new journey, John Hunter goes to the ruins of the Mayan tribes. The game takes place against a bright backdrop, with huge trees and lush vegetation surrounding the drums. The stones on either side of the screen lead us to believe that the entrance to the Temple is right behind the columns. Spin the reels, activate the free spins feature and enter the temple, where colossal treasures await you! Whichever device you play, John Hunter and the Mayan Gods is very fast and works without any problems. You will only need a stable internet connection to run it. If you’re in search of an interesting and colourful slot, be sure to give John Hunter and the Mayan Gods a try. It will suit beginners as well as regulars at online casinos.
Gameplay and Paylines
The high-paying symbols in John Hunter and the Mayan Gods are John Hunter himself, the tribal chief, the mask, the ring, the knife and the gold cup. They all have their own value. Payouts for the lines of icons in this group at the max bet can range from 100 to 5000 coins. The low paying symbols are the classic card symbols A, K, Q and J. Combinations involving symbols from this group will win you between 50 and 1,000 coins if played at the highest wager. Before going directly to the spinning of the reels you will need to place your bet. The buttons at the bottom of the screen are used to do this. You can bet between 0.10 and 100 coins per spin.
John Hunter and the Mayan Gods have 10 winning lines, which will give you a good number of chances to make combinations on each spin. You’ll need to catch at least 3 symbols in one of the lines to get your payout.
John Hunter himself, the game’s main character, is its best symbol. He can bring you up to 5,000 coins.
RTP : 96.46%
Special Symbols and Bonuses
John Hunter And The Mayan Gods is a slot with an interesting base game and several bonus features. There will be Wild’s, Scatter’s and free spins.
• Wild is the Golden Mask. It appears on reels 2, 3 and 4 and replaces all symbols except the Scatter, making it that much easier for you to put together your combinations. On top of that, the Wild in this game expands to cover the entire reel.
• Scatter is represented by the Pyramid and can be found on all reels. Scatter’s can win up to 50x the bet, and 3 of these symbols trigger the free spins feature.
• Free Spins. A minimum of 3 Scatter symbols will appear on the screen to trigger this round. The feature starts with 12 free spins, but each Wild symbol that appears on the screen adds more free games, depending on the number of Wild symbols you’ll get during the spin. As this is a progressive free spins feature, you’ll need to progress through 6 consecutive levels. You advance one or more levels with each Wild symbol you roll out. That way, the Wild symbol can not only add more free spins, but also the only one that can help you reach the next level.
Depending on the number of Wild symbols you get, you may play three more free spins for 2 Wild symbols per spin, increasing the level by 2. If 3 Wild symbols appear on screen, you will play five additional free spins and the level is increased by 3.
Each level has special reels and certain changes to how the symbols land:
• Level 2 – All Gold Cup symbols turn into Knife symbols until the end of the round.
• Level 3 – All Knife symbols turn into a purple gem ring until the end of the round.
• Level 4 – All Purple Diamond rings turn into Mayan Dragon Head symbols until end of round.
• Level 5 – All Mayan Dragon Head symbols turn into Mayan God symbols until end of round.
• Level 6 – All Mayan God symbols turn into John Hunter symbols for the rest of the round.
Re-run this mode with three or more Scatter symbols on the screen and the game will bring another 12 free spins. There is no limit to the number of times you can activate the round. Also, the free spins feature ends when there are no more freespins to play.